Thursday 7 March 2019

Aspiring Amazon authors, take note!

Today I came across a quote penned by Beatrix Potter at the height of her writing career.

'If it were not impertinent to lecture one's publisher, you are a great deal too much afraid of the public for whom I have never cared one tuppeny-button. I am sure that it is this attitude of mind which has enabled me to keep up the series. Most people, after one success, are so cringingly afraid of doing less well that they rub all the edge off their subsequent work.'

If some magical means granted me one wish (while on this topic), I'd be hard torn to decide:  Either travel back in time to give Ms. Potter a most fulsome handshake (and hug, if such be not too brazen) OR wish that every "author" farting out book after book in a never-changing series have this wisdom written (in Sharpie!) on their forearm.


No comments: